De-registration of permanent residence of a foreigner
Description of the procedure
How to handle the issue
- A person who leaves his/her place of permanent residence is obliged to de-register.
- The de-registration from a place of permanent residence is made:
- in writing, in a form submitted to municipal authorities competent as to the location of the current place of residence. The form must be filled in electronically or in one’s own handwriting, with a blue or black colour, in capital letters.
The form may be filled in by an employee of municipal authorities in the form of a printout from the IT system, in the presence of the person de-registering, based on data included in the PESEL (Personal Identification Number) register and the data provided by the person. A person de-registering from its place of residence confirms the reliability of data included in the printed form with his/her signature.
- in the form of an electronic document, using the form enabling entering data to the PESEL (Personal Identification Number) register by authorities competent as to the current place of stay, provided that one receives an Official Acknowledgement of Receipt.
An electronic form must be certified by the applicant by a qualified electronic signature or an ePUAP trusted profile,
- the obligation of residence registration may be fulfilled by an attorney-in-fact, holding a power of attorney granted in the form referred to in Article 33 § 2 of the Act of 14 June 1960 – Code of Administrative Procedure, after proving his/her identity by a power of attorney with his/her ID or after verification of the identity of the attorney-in-fact under principles specified in the Act of 17 February 2005 on computerisation of the activity of entities performing public tasks.
3. A person making the de-registration receives, upon his/her request, for a fee, a certificate of de-registration from the permanent residence.
- In the case when the de-registration application is made through an attorney-in-fact, the attorney-in-fact must show a power of attorney and his/her ID or a passport.
- A person may de-register from his/her place of permanent residence by registering his/her new place of permanent or temporary residence – one form.
- Registration of death made in a Register Office, according to the provisions of law on civil status records, replaces the de-registration of the deceased from his/her permanent and temporary residence.
Immediately, upon accepting the application.
Place of handling the issue
Citizen Affairs Division in the Department of Service and Administration, Population Registration Department
- ul. Zachodnia 47, 2nd floor, window 1, 2
- al. Politechniki 32, 1st floor, room 102
- ul. Krzemieniecka 2b, ground floor, counter 1–4
- ul. Piotrkowska 153, ground floor, room 005
- al. Piłsudskiego 100, counters 8-10
- ul. Piotrkowska 110, ground floor, counter no. 1 and 2
|Stamp duty for issuing a certificate||PLN 17|
|Stamp duty for a power of attorney||PLN 17|
The fee (for the power of attorney) is paid by an attorney-in-fact acting on behalf of the applicant for a filed document confirming granting the power of attorney or a proxy or its extract or a copy. A power of attorney certified by a notary public or granted to a spouse, a descendant, ascendant, or siblings is not subject to a stamp duty.
A stamp duty for issuing a certificate of de-registration from permanent residence is PLN 17.
Stamp duties must be paid at cash desk in the office or as a non-cash payment to the bank account of the authorities. The bank account number for stamp duty payments: GETIN NOBLE Bank S.A. 08 1560 0013 2025 0305 5133 0016
Payments may be made by transfer (online, as well), in person, in any Post Office, in any bank and without administration fees in all bank branches of the Getin Noble Bank S.A. as well as in all cash deposit machines of Getin Noble Bank S.A. located in the buildings of the City of Lodz Office at ul. Zachodnia 47, al. Politechniki 32, ul. Krzemieniecka 2B, ul. Piotrkowska110, al. Piłsudskiego 100, ul. Sienkiewicza 5.
- A filled-in form of de-registration from permanent residence (“zgłoszenie wymeldowania z pobytu stałego” form) or a form filled in by an employee of municipal authorities in the form or a printout from the IT system
- EU citizen a valid travel document or any other document confirming his/her identity and citizenship
- A family member of an EU citizen who is not a national of an EU Member State, a valid travel document
- A foreigner who is not an EU national, a visa or any other valid document of residence
- A power of attorney in the case of handling the case through an attorney-in-fact
- An ID or a passport of an attorney-in-fact if he/she represents the person willing to de-register
- Proof of payment of a stamp duty for granting the power of attorney, if he/she is not subject to exemption from the payment.
- A proof of payment of a stamp duty in the amount of PLN 17 for issuing a certificate of de-registration
- Act of 24 September 2010 on the population register (Dz. U. [Journal of Laws] 2017, item 657, as amended),
- Act of 14 June 1960 Code of Administrative Procedure (Dz. U. [Journal of Laws] 2017, item 1257),
- Act of 14 July 2006 on the entry into, residence in and exit from the Republic of Poland of nationals of the European Union Member States and their family members (Dz. U. [Journal of Laws] 2017, item 900),
- Act of 17 February 2005 on computerisation of the activity of entities performing public tasks (Dz. U. [Journal of Laws] 2017, item 570, as amended),
- Regulation of the Minister of Internal and Administration of December of 13 December 2017 concerning the establishment of templates and methods for completing forms used while fulfilling the residence registration obligation (Dz. U. [Journal of Laws] 2017, item 2411),
- Act of 16 November 2006 on stamp duty (Dz. U. [Journal of Laws] 2016, item 1827, as amended),
- Entity: The City of Lodz Office
- Unit: Citizen Affairs Division in the Department of Service and Administration