De-registration of temporary residence of a foreigner
Description of the procedure
How to handle the issue
- A person who leaves his/her place of temporary residence before the expiry of the declared period of residence is obliged to de-register.
- The de-registration from a temporary residence may be made:
- in writing, in a form submitted to municipal authorities competent as to the location of the current place of residence, the form must be filled in electronically or in one’s own handwriting, with a blue or black colour, in capital letters.
The form may be filled in by an employee of municipal authorities in the form of a printout from the IT system, in the presence of the person de-registering, based on data included in the PESEL (Personal Identification Number) register and the data provided by the person. A person de-registering from its place of residence confirms the reliability of data included in the printed form with his/her signature.
- in the form of an electronic document, using the form enabling entering data to the PESEL (Personal Identification Number) register by municipal authorities competent as to the current place of stay, provided that one receives an Official Acknowledgement of Receipt.
The form should be certified by the applicant with a qualified electronic signature or an ePUAP trusted profile.
- by an attorney-in-fact, holding a power of attorney granted in the form referred to in Article 33 § 2 of the Act of 14 June 1960 – Code of Administrative Procedure, after proving his/her identity by a power of attorney with his/her ID or after verification of identity of the attorney-in-fact under principles specified in the act of 17 February 2005 on computerisation of the activity of entities performing public tasks.
- In the case when the de-registration application is made through an attorney-in-fact, the attorney-in-fact must show a power of attorney and his/her ID or a passport.
- The de-registration may be made while registering a new place of temporary or permanent residence – one form.
Immediately, upon accepting the application.
Place of handling the issue
Citizen Affairs Division in the Department of Service and Administration, Population Registration Department
- ul. Zachodnia 47, 2nd floor, room 220, window 1, 2
- al. Politechniki 32, 1st floor, room 102
- ul. Krzemieniecka 2b, ground floor, counter 1–4
- ul. Piotrkowska 153, ground floor, room 005
- al. Piłsudskiego 100, ground floor, counters 8-10
- ul. Piotrkowska 110, ground floor, counter no. 1 and 2
|Stamp duty for issuing a certificate||PLN 17|
|Stamp duty for a power of attorney||PLN 17|
The fee is paid by an attorney-in-fact acting on behalf of the applicant for a filed document confirming granting the power of attorney or a proxy or its extract or a copy. A power of attorney certified by a notary public or granted to a spouse, a descendant, ascendant, or siblings is not subject to a stamp duty.
Stamp duties must be paid at cash desk in the office or as a non-cash payment to the bank account of the authorities. The bank account number for stamp duty payments: GETIN NOBLE Bank S.A. 08 1560 0013 2025 0305 5133 0016
Payments may be made by transfer (online, as well), in person, in any Post Office, in any bank and without administration fees in all bank branches of the Getin Noble Bank S.A. as well as in all cash deposit machines of Getin Noble Bank S.A. located in the buildings of the City of Lodz Office at ul. Zachodnia 47, al. Politechniki 32, ul. Krzemieniecka 2B, ul. Piotrkowska110, al. Piłsudskiego 100, ul. Sienkiewicza 5.
- A filled in temporary residence de-registration form (“zgłoszenie wymeldowania z pobytu czasowego” form) or a form filled in by an employee of municipal authorities in the form or a printout from the IT system
- An EU citizen presents a valid travel document or any other document confirming his/her identity and citizenship
- In the case of his/her family member who is not a national of an EU Member State – a valid travel document
- In the case of a foreigner who is not an EU citizen – a residence card
- A power of attorney in the case of handling the case through an attorney-in-fact
- An ID of an attorney-in-fact if he/she represents the person willing to de-register
- Proof of payment of a stamp duty for the power of attorney, if he/she is not subject to exemption from the payment.
- A proof of payment of a stamp duty in the amount of PLN 17 for issuing a certificate of de-registration
- Act of 24 September 2010 on the population register (Dz. U. [Journal of Laws] 2017, item 657, as amended),
- Act of 14 June 1960 Code of Administrative Procedure (Dz. U. [Journal of Laws] 2017, item 1257),
- Act of 14 July 2006 on the entry into, residence in and exit from the Republic of Poland of nationals of the European Union Member States and their family members (Dz. U. [Journal of Laws] 2017, item 900),
- Act of 17 February 2005 on computerisation of the activity of entities performing public tasks (Dz. U. [Journal of Laws] 2017, item 570, as amended),
- Regulation of the Minister of Internal and Administration of December of 13 December 2017 concerning the establishment of templates and methods for completing forms used while fulfilling the residence registration obligation (Dz. U. [Journal of Laws] 2017, item 2411),
- Act of 16 November 2006 on stamp duty (Dz. U. [Journal of Laws] 2016, item 1827, as amended),
- Entity: The City of Lodz Office
- Unit: Citizen Affairs Division in the Department of Service and Administration