The last edition gained huge popularity among the English-speaking Łódź inhabitants and tourists visiting our city, that is why we have decided to continue the project also in 2019. The idea of 2019 Łódź Free Summer Tours is not only to make the foreigners familiar with the culture, history and the beauty of Łódź, but also to encourage them to take active part in the city life – says the projects supervisor, Olga Legczylina from Łódź Tourism Organization.
Łódź Tourism Organisation wants to catch the interest of newcomers by invoking the idea of multicultural Promised Land, by telling the stories about great factory owners’ fortunes, the unprecedented career of the city which became in time the city of avant-garde art and The UNESCO City of Film – states Krzysztof Olkusz, a Łódź guide.
2019 Łódź Free Summer Tours start every Sunday at 11 AM at the Main Gate of Manufaktura (Ogrodowa 15) or at Schiller’s Passage (Piotrkowska 110). The last walk will take place on 29th of September. What is more, during the Birthday of Łódź (July, 27-28th) and the Light.Move.Festival (September, 28-29th) extra strolls will be organized also on Saturdays, and they will also start at 11 AM.
During the English-spoken tour, the guides will talk about:
- the story of Poznanski’s family textile empire,
- the complicated history of the Old Town,
- street art in Łódź – murals and art installations,
- Łódź as a multi-ethnic and multi-religious city,
- the modern Łódź, symbolized by the EC1 – City of Culture complex
- Piotrkowska, the queen of Polish streets and its magical courtyards
All walks are free of charge, and are organized by Łódź Tourism Organization.
2019 Łódź Free Summer Tours will take place on the following days:
- June 30, July 14, July 27, August 04, August 18, September 01, September 15, September 28.
Start from the Manufaktura Gate (Ogrodowa 15).
- July 07, July 21, July 28, August 11, August 25, September 08, September 22, September 29.
Start from Schiller’s Passage (Piotrkowska 110).
We want every tour participant to become the ambassador of Łódź and to pass on the famous motto of Łódź from the interwar period: If you want to learn about Poland’s past – see Cracow. If you want to see its present – see Warsaw. But if you want to witness Poland’s future – you need to see Łódź!
Łódź Tourism Organization
Mail: email@example.com, tel. +48 722 002 846